THE PLACE TO BE LABOR DAY WEEKEND - Join us for an irresistible music-centric celebration! This exciting annual event will be a combination of Concert & Saturday Night Party featuring LIVE Bands, DJ, silent auction, raffle prizes, exhibitors, cocktail specials and delicious food menu at a beautiful 29,000 square foot multi-level venue. Created with a focus on discovering local talented musicians while benefiting a very worthy local non-profit music organization - Mix and Mingle in the Magical Moments of Music!
MUSICAL ENTERTAINMENT ON STAGE (Performing both cover & original music):
8:30 PM: LEA CAPPELLI – (www.leacappelli.com) – Combining the rich textures of Billie Holiday with the modern day quirky twists of Fiona Apple, Lea’s sound is unmistakably organic. Apart from her amazing music, with renowned acting abilities and a steady flow of high fashion modeling, Lea is an undeniable ‘triple threat.’ Lea truly is one of the more dynamic young performers to emerge in recent years.
9:45 PM: SCOTI*SLATE – (www.scotislate.com) - Aaron Scoti (Lead Vocals) and Lars Slate (Guitar) along with drummer Derek Upton is a sleek, funk rockin' power trio focused on songwriting and musicianship creating a uniquely familiar sound that is undeniably sexy, soulful even danceable. They add a refreshingly distinctive twist to the cover songs they select that complement their own fabulous originals.
All Night: DJ MASURU – One of the Valley’s favorites will be spinning a great blend of Classic & Current well loved music for your listening and dancing pleasure. He’ll be performing before, in between, and after the bands with his hard to find mixes, and out-of-the-box style, always presenting something new.
• $5 Smirnoff Vodka Cocktail Specials
• Signature ‘EAR CANDY’ Vodka Cocktail (proceeds go to the Charity)
• Special Food Menu Available
• Silent Auction
• Plenty of Self-Parking (street & parking structure across the street from the venue)
Ear Candy Charity is a Tempe, Arizona based non-profit dedicated to fulfilling its mission of Providing Youth Access to Music Education. Ear Candy impacts youth through three programs; Online Instrument Drives (a web-based service to place donated instruments in low-income music programs), Play it Forward (‘Instrument Drive in a Box’ service learning program for community groups), and BackStage Class (enlightening music based field trips). To learn more, visit: www.EarCandyCharity.ORG.
SILENT AUCTION & RAFFLE DRAWINGS:
We’ll have some very unique and exciting merchandise for guests to bid on or win. Many of them will be very diverse musical or entertainment treasures such as an Eric Clapton Package which includes DVD, CD, tour t-shirt, and limited edition litho from Crossroads, an autographed guitar from The Fray, a limited "Grease" poster signed by Olivia Newton John and John Travolta, a Jazz Package which includes CDs and tour shirts, Lady GaGa, Taylor Swift, and much more. The chance to participate in our auction and raffles will end at 10 p.m.
• Society for the Arts is a 501 (c) (3) membership organization established in 1986 for singles supporting theatre, music, arts and culinary in the Phoenix area. Funds are raised through social activities. To learn more, visit www.societyforthearts.org.
• Tri-City Audiology, LLC provides hearing conservation and protection for musicians. We specialize in custom fitted ear molds ad in-ear monitors. We can provide real time measures of sound exposure through dosimetry. To learn more, visit www.tri-cityaudiology.com
• Designated Drivers, Inc. offers business and individuals a sensible alternative to driving while impaired. Their services provide designated drivers to transport clients safely in their own vehicle. Designated Drivers also has a non-profit foundation that raises funds to provide free rides during special holiday seasons and events. To learn more, visit www.designateddriversinc.com
Copy Rescue – Jim West – 602.708.0375
Brett Noe Productions - Event Videographer - www.brettnoe.com
Creamy Radio – From the Mainstream to the Indie Scene - www.creamyradio.com
Insight Management – Public Relations & Marketing – 480-951-1882
Kandid Moments Photography - Event Photographer - www.kandidmomentsphotography.com
One Louder Designs – Creatively unique Graphic Design - www.onelouderdesigns.com
The Venue of Scottsdale is 29,000 square feet of spacious multi-level, newly renovated live concert facility complete with retractable roof. The Venue is a great combination of elegance and fun and has played host to many national legendary musical artists for the past decade. Their sound system, lighting, staff and service make it one of the best places to rock out to your favorite band. To learn more, visitwww.thevenuescottsdale.com.
ADMISSION (Net proceeds to benefit Ear Candy Charity):
$10 per person with online Advance Tickets: www.ravenevents.com/musictomyears
$15 per person at the door
This event was created, produced, promoted and hosted by www.RavenEvents.com. For more information, call 480.664.0228. You must be 21 years or older to attend.
EVENT WEBSITE LINK: http://www.ravenevents.com/MonthlyEvents/09012012