Mar 20, 2013

Let's Keep Music Alive!

This post was submitted by:  Evan Liu, Ear Candy Spring Intern & Trumpet player for ASU's Concert Band


I've been playing music in bands for eleven years so I know the importance and the positive affect that music can have on someone. I was fortunate enough to participate in music programs when I was in elementary and Jr. High which propelled me to continue on in high school and college because I know that music has slowly been dying down in many school districts. Music taught me a lot from building up my confidence to learning how to take care of my instrument. However, I dented my first trumpet pretty badly which I guess is the learning process because now I treat all of my instruments like they were my child. I honestly can’t even imagine what my life would be like without my instruments. Music has had a positive impact on my life and I believe that youth deserve to experience what I experienced when I was a child. Fortunately, many people have been kind enough to donate instruments so that music can keep going in schools around Arizona. 

It’s great to read donor stories as well because these people that are donating really care about keeping music alive in schools. Here’s a story from an individual who donated a Trumpet to Mrs. Zozaya's school band program at Garcia Elementary:
I bought this trumpet years ago because it is my favorite instrument played in jazz music. I always wanted to learn myself, but I got too busy in life to learn...[Read More]. Plus, I always thought it was best to learn as young as possible. I did not even try until I was an adult, by then I already had other instruments to play and other things to keep me plenty busy, so I hope someone will learn to play this instrument for me. It would be an extra bonus if it was someone who ended up developing an interest in jazz music as I did.”
This is just one of the many stories that we get at Ear Candy and we would love to read more! To donate an instrument, visit: 

No comments:

Post a Comment